- When registering as a user we collect data such as your email address and name, as well as time of registration, your location, IP address, information about your browser and computer, and more. This will be used to provide a personalized service, such as sending newsletters, protecting against spam, and to comply with relevant laws (including GDPR) and other things.
- We might enhance your registered profile with additional data from publicly available sources, including but not limited to social media and other public websites. For example, if you omit your first name when signing up, we might Google your email address to see if we can find your name. It’s nicer to great you with a “Hi John” than just “Hi there”.
- We reserve the right to use your name, likeness, social media handles, and similar for marketing purposes, on social media, etc.
- We will not sell or give your personal information to any third party, unless when required by law and compelled to do so by the relevant authorities, through a sale of the business, or with explicit consent.
- You may at any time withdraw your consent to receiving emails from us (newsletters and community notificaitons), by using the unsubscribe links that are included in all such emails. Note that the newsletter and community emails are separate systems, and you need to click unsubscribe in each. You can also control the type of community notifications you get by adjusting the settings in your control panel.
- You may at any time contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org to request information about what data we have stored about you, and also request the data to be corrected, updated, or removed. We will comply without undue delay.
Your personal data may be processed by one or more of these subprocessors:
- Amazon Web Services, Inc., United States/Ireland—Backups
- DigitalOcean, LLC (d.b.a. DigitalOcean), United States—Server infrastructure for forums
- Formagrid, Inc. (d.b.a. Airtable), United States—Database
- Google LLC (Google Analytics Suite & GSuite), United States—Analytics, encrypted backups, email support
- Mailshake, LLC, United States—Customer communication
- Metrics Delivered LLC (d.b.a. NeverBounce), United States—Email validation
- Netlify, Inc., United States—DNS, content delivery network, forms
- OneSignal, Inc., United States—Push notificaitons
- Paperform Pty. Ltd., Australia—Signup and other forms
- SendGrid, Inc., United States—Transactional & marketing email
- Typeform S.L., Spain—Signup and other forms
- Zapier, Inc., United States—Technical backend and APIs
Past subprocessors (no longer in use):
- Disqus, Inc., United States—Article comments (not used since May 2018)
- Intercom, Inc., United States—Customer support & analytics (not used since May 2018)
- Joshua Anderton Design (d.b.a. Upscribe), Canada—Signup forms (not used since June 2018)
- CloudFlare, Inc. (d.b.a. CloudFlare), United States—Content delivery network (not used since November 2018)
- ConvertFox, Inc. (d.b.a. ConvertFox), United States—Customer support & analytics (not used since December 2018)
- iterative s.r.o. (d.b.a. Customer.guru), Czech Republic—Product feedback (NPS) (not used since January 2019)
Last updated: January 17, 2019