At Nomad Gate we’re always trying to build international connections and promote cultural exchange and understanding. Our ideal world would essentially be a peaceful and borderless world where respectful global citizens are free to travel and migrate anywhere. Putin’s invasion of his peaceful and democratic neighbor flies in the face of everything we stand for.
It’s a devastating tragedy on so many levels, especially for the innocent Ukrainians being killed, wounded, or forced to flee their homes.
In addition to the Ukrainian people’s bravery, the one thing that provides a glimmer of hope in an otherwise bleak situation is the outpouring of support from people across the globe. We also want to pitch in towards the fight for democracy, liberty, and peace. That’s why we’ll match any donation our readers make towards helping the Ukrainian people through this crisis, up to a combined total of €10,000 in community contributions.
If you’re in a position to do so, we encourage you to join our donation drive. Even though many people have donated already, Ukraine is still in need of help. You’re free to donate to any internationally recognized charity providing support to Ukraine, and we’ll match it. In case you need help finding a suitable charity, here are some ideas:
- Red Cross (Donate to national chapters: Ukraine, US, UK, Germany, France)
- UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency
- Come Back Alive
- Razom for Ukraine
We know many of our readers run a company in Estonia, so here are some tax-deductible options for Estonian companies:
- Any charity listed on the For Ukraine campaign website
- Estonian Red Cross
- More information for e-residents wishing to donate can be found here
After donating, take a screenshot of your donation receipt and complete this form so we can match your donation:
Other ways of helping & resources
Of course, not everyone is in a position to contribute financially. But if you still want to help out in other ways, here are some ideas shared by the community:
- Spread the word about what’s going on in your social media channels, lobby politicians to take action, protest in the streets.
- Host refugees coming to your town, or alternatively book Airbnbs for refugees. Probably best to contribute via Airbnb.org (which we’ll also match donations to) as the nightly rates will be discounted.
- More ideas for how to help here
- If anyone has ideas for how to help with the logistics of getting aid into the right places of Ukraine, that is perhaps the most significant need.
Some ways the Nomad Gate community has already offered to help:
- Kalinde, a lawyer in Portugal, is offering pro-bono assistance and help with accommodations for Ukrainians fleeing to Portugal. You can contact her at [email protected]. Here’s a Ukrainian translation of the relevant new Portuguese legislation making the process easier.
- The team behind the Optime Growth Fund has pledged to donate €5,000 to the cause per new investor received via Nomad Gate in March 2022.
Submit your receipt
Thank you all for your support of Ukraine! ❤️🇺🇦
- In the case of international organizations (e.g. the Red Cross or UNHCR), we may match your donation to another chapter of the same charity.
- Depending on how much the community donates, we may need to cap our matching to €1,000 per individual donor (in case of very large donations) to give more people a chance to have their donation doubled. We’ll still match up to a total of €10,000 across all donations.
In order to be extra transparent you can keep track of the donations submitted by the community below, but it’s OK to submit anonymous donations if you prefer:
We’ll update this page with the donations we’ve matched shortly.