This will probably be the shortest guide I’ve written so far, but based on recent experiences I think some of you might find it helpful.
I’ve talked about PostaPay (aka PostaPay&Save) being one of the easiest ways of getting a bank-like account in Malta—and this guide is for you if you’ve already ordered and received the card and want to start using it straight away.
First off, your PIN code will arrive in a separate letter (usually a few days after the card), but you do not need it to activate the card and start using it online.
To activate it you need three things handy:
- Your card number
- Your Maltese ID number (it’s the one on the back of your ID or residence card—for foreigners it ends with an A)
- The phone number you used when setting up your account
To activate the card follow these steps:
- Call Lombard Bank on +356 2558 1789
- Press 1 for English, then 1 again for the debit card department
- An operator will pick up and ask for the bits of information listed above
There’s no need to call from the same number as you put on your account (in case it’s not the number you’re using at the moment).
Let me know in the comments if you have any questions or comments.
Also, check out the other articles in my series on moving to Malta:
- How to Register as an Economically Self-Sufficient Resident in Malta
- How to Get a Tax Number in Malta as a Self-Sufficient Resident
- How to Easily Open a Bank Account in Malta
- How to Register for e-ID in Malta
Get free access to our community & exclusive content.